TROUBLESHOOTING WITHOUT A DIAGNOSTIC CODE - CONTINUED
Table 1. Engine Troubleshooting - Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
14. Use MSD (WP 0005 00) to monitor the 1. If "Fuel Position" equals "Rated Fuel
16. Low Power/Poor or No
status of "Fuel Position", "Rated Fuel
Limit" and "Fuel Position" is less than
Response to Throttle -
Limit", and "FRC Fuel Limit" on ET
"FRC Fuel Limit", the ECM is
while the engine is operating under full
load. These parameters should reflect 2. If problem still exists, go to Test 15.
the following information: "Fuel
Position" equals "Rated Fuel Limit"
and "Fuel Position" is less than "FRC
15. Use MSD to monitor the status of
1. If readings do not agree, replace faulty
"Intake Manifold Pressure" and
sensor (WP 0073 00 or WP 0084 00).
"Atmospheric Pressure" for normal
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 16.
operation. When the engine is not
running, the correct intake manifold
pressure is 0 psi (0 kPa).
16. If ECM has been replaced, use MSD to If values are incorrect, reset using ET.
compare values on Engine Information
Film to these parameters: FRC offset,
Full Load Setting (FLS), and Full
CAU T I ON
17. Intermittent Low Power or
Do not crank engine continuously for more than 30 seconds. Allow start-
ing motor to cool for two minutes before cranking engine again. Failure
to comply with this caution may result in damage to equipment.
N OT E
Use this procedure only if enginedoes not shut down completely.
If problem occurs under certain conditions, perform tests under
those conditions. Diagnosing under normal conditions could provide
1. Connect MSD (WP 0005 00) and check 1. Troubleshoot any active codes before
for active diagnostic codes.
continuing with this procedure. Refer
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 2.
2. Ensure all fuel lines are tight, properly
1. Replace, tighten, secure, or clean fuel
secured, and free of restrictions.
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 3.
3. Check fuel tank for foreign objects.
1. Remove any foreign objects.
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 4.