TROUBLESHOOTING WITHOUT A DIAGNOSTIC CODE - CONTINUED
Table 1. Engine Troubleshooting - Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
4. Visually inspect cooling system for
1. If damaged, replace hoses (WP 0043
19. Coolant Temperature is
collapsed hoses and/or other
00). Clean and flush radiator (WP 0041
Too High - Continued.
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 5.
5. Check cooling system for leaks by
1. Repair any leaks immediately.
performing system pressure test. Refer 2. If problem still exists, go to Test 6.
to Testing Radiator and Cooling
System for Leaks (Pressure Test) (WP
1. If faulty, replace fan (WP 0192 00).
6. Check that cooling system fan is
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 7.
operating at proper speed. Refer to
Hydraulic Fan Speed Test and
If problem still exists, go to Test 8.
8. Remove water pump and inspect vanes 1. If vanes are damaged and/or eroded,
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 9.
9. With engine OFF and completely cool,
If bubbles are present in coolant,
remove pressure cap for coolant
system. Start engine (TM 5-3805-291-
system. Replace cylinder head gasket (WP
10) and inspect coolant for presence of
N OT E
ECM calculates exhaust temperatures, trips the E194 code if calculated tem-
perature is too high for more than 10 seconds.
1. Connect MSD (WP 0005 00) and check 1. Troubleshoot any active diagnostic
for active diagnostic codes for injector
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 2.
2. Use MSD to check that injector trim
1. Set trim codes if necessary (WP 0187
codes have been entered.
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 3.