TROUBLESHOOTING WITHOUT A DIAGNOSTIC CODE - CONTINUED
Table 8. AC System Troubleshooting - Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
4. Check for restrictions, insects, foreign
remove all blockages.
Engaged but System Has
restriction of air flow through
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 5.
Insufficient Cooling -
5. Check inlet and outlet on accumulator
1. If inlet and outlet are warm, charge
system with correct amount of
refrigerant. Measure refrigerant by
weight (WP 0225 00).
2. If problem still exists, go to Test 6.
6. Perform Refrigerant Leakage Test (WP 1. Recover refrigerant (WP 0225 00) and
2. If a large amount of refrigerant was
3. Evacuate system and re-charge system
with correct amount of refrigerant (WP
4. After system is charged, operate for a
minimum of 10 minutes (TM 5-3805-
291-10) and perform Performance
verify correct operation of AC system.