TROUBLESHOOTING WITH A DIAGNOSTIC CODE - CONTINUED
Table 3. Powertrain Control - Continued.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
1. Verify hardware and software part numbers.
0590 02 - Continued.
following part numbers are correct:
(1) Part number of software of the pow-
(2) Part number of powertrain ECM.
(3) Part number of engine ECM.
1. If all part numbers are correct, go to Test
2. If all part numbers are not correct,
replace incorrect ECM with an ECM
correct part number. Flash correct
configuration software (WP 0056 00,
WP 0057 00, WP 0060 00, and WP 0063
2. Inspect harness connections.
(a) Turn battery disconnect switch to OFF
position (TM 5-3805-291-10).
(b) Disconnect and inspect all harness
connections related to CAT Data Link
connectors are clean and tight. Refer to
Electrical Connectors Inspection (WP
(c) Check connectors for proper mating.
(d) Check wires at the connector.
(e) Check each wire for nicks or signs of
abrasion in insulation.
(f) Check for moisture at connector.
(g) Check connectors for dirty contacts or
(h) Check each pin and socket of wiring
(i) Reconnect all connectors.
1. If wiring harness connectors are tightly
connected and free of corrosion, go to
2. If wiring harness connectors are in need
of repair, replace wiring harness in
question (WP 0195 00 thru WP 0201