TROUBLESHOOTING WITH A DIAGNOSTIC CODE - CONTINUED
Table 3. Powertrain Control - Continued.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
N OT E
· The following test procedure may create other diagnostic codes. Ignore these cre-
ated diagnostic codes and clear the diagnostic codes when the original code is cor-
· Ensure diagnostic code indicator is active and diagnostic code is active.
· SeePrimary Steering Pressure Switch (Table 12) at end of this work package.
1. Check ground circuit of switch in wiring
(a) Turn engine start and battery
disconnect switches to OFF position
(b) Disconnect wiring harness connector
from primary steering oil pressure
switch (WP 0088 00).
1. If resistance is less than 5 Ohms, go to
(wire C216-BK) of wiring harness and
circuit is open. Replace wiring harness
in question (WP 0195 00 thru WP 0201
2. Check switch circuits for short to +battery
(a) Wiring harness connector remains
disconnected from the switch.
(b) Battery disconnect and engine start
switches remain in OFF position (TM