TROUBLESHOOTING WITH A DIAGNOSTIC CODE - CONTINUED
Table 3. Powertrain Control - Continued.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
N OT E
· The following test procedure may create other diagnostic codes. Ignore these cre-
ated diagnostic codes and clear these diagnostic codes when original diagnostic
· Ensure diagnostic code indicator is active and that diagnostic code is active.
1. Check ground circuit of switch in wiring
(a) Turn engine start and battery
disconnect switches to OFF position
(b) Battery disconnect wiring harness
connector(s) from powertrain ECM
(WP 0063 00) and secondary steering
oil pressure switch (WP 0088 00).
1. If resistance is less than 5 Ohms, go to
(wire C216-BK) of wiring harness
connector for switch and ground.
replace wiring harness in question (WP
0195 00 thru WP 0201 00).
2. Check switch circuits for short to +battery
(a) Wiring harness connector(s) remains
disconnected from ECM and switch.
(b) Battery disconnect and engine start
switches remain in OFF position (TM