TROUBLESHOOTING WITH A DIAGNOSTIC CODE - CONTINUED
Table 3. Powertrain Control - Continued.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
(c) Use messenger to check status of CID
1. If diagnostic code indicator remains
0794 07 - Continued.
0794 FMI 07 diagnostic code (TM 5-
active and diagnostic code remains
active, go to Test 2.
2. If diagnostic code indicator is inactive,
repeat this test in order to verify result.
other recorded diagnostic codes.
N OT E
Other recorded diagnostic codes may indicate reason for improper
operation of secondary steering system.
1. If there are not other recorded diagnostic
codes, go to Test 3.
2. If there are other recorded diagnostic
codes, exit CID 0794 FMI 07 procedure.
Correct other recorded diagnostic
codes. Return to CID 0794 FMI 07
procedure after other recorded
diagnostic codes are corrected.
N OT E
The secondary steering motor requires a large amount of current. A
weak battery may have an effect on the operation of motor.
3. Check battery voltage.
1. If battery voltage is correct, go to Test 4.
2. If battery voltage is not correct, go to
Test 4. Correct cause of low battery
voltage and verify battery voltage is
correct. If conditions are not resolved,
go to Test 4.
N OT E
If switch is failed to ground, then powertrain ECM believes that opera-
tor is manually turning on secondary steering system. If pressure switch
for secondary steering system is NOT indicating pressure, then CID
0794 FMI 07 diagnostic code will be active.
4. Check operation of secondary steering test
1. If secondary steering test switch is
switch (TM 5-3805-291-10).
correct, go to Test 5.
2. If secondary steering test switch is not
correct, replace wiring harness in
question (WP 0195 00 thru WP 0201