TROUBLESHOOTING WITH A DIAGNOSTIC CODE - CONTINUED
Table 3. Powertrain Control - Continued.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
(b) Software part number for Messenger.
1. If all part numbers are correct, go to Test
0967 12 - Continued.
2. If all part numbers are not correct, one
ECM may have wrong part number and/
or software configuration is not correct.
Appropriate flash file needs to be
flashed into ECM (WP 0056 00, WP
0057 00, WP 0060 00, and WP 0063 00).
2. Check for additional related diagnostic
(a) Ensure all ECMs that use CAT Data
Link are connected.
(b) Turn battery disconnect and engine
start switches to ON position (TM 5-
(c) Acknowledge any active diagnostic
codes currently displayed on
(d) Verify no related diagnostic codes are
1. If other diagnostic codes are not active,
go to Test 3.
2. If other related diagnostic codes are
active, exit this procedure and perform
test procedures for related diagnostic
codes. Verify other related diagnostic
codes are not active. Observe status of
CID 0967 FMI 12. If CID 0967 FMI 12
remains active, repeat CID 0967 FMI 12
3. Check if diagnostic code remains active.
(a) Inspect contacts of wiring harness
connectors and clean wiring harness
(b) Reconnect all wiring harness
(c) Operate machine (TM 5-3805-291-