TROUBLESHOOTING WITH A DIAGNOSTIC CODE - CONTINUED
Table 3. Powertrain Control - Continued.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
(d) Check status of CID 0967 FMI 12.
1. If CID 0967 FMI 12 is active, exit this
0967 12 - Continued.
procedure and repeat procedure. If
cause of diagnostic code is not found,
replace powertrain ECM (WP 0063 00).
2. If CID 0967 FMI is not active,
diagnostic code does not exist at this
time. Resume normal machine
N OT E
DO NOT change hard-wired location code if you have flashed incorrect
software into control.
following software part numbers:
(a) Software part number for ECM.
(b) Software part number for Messenger.
1. If all part numbers are correct for ECM,
go to Test 2.
2. If all part numbers are not correct,
installed ECM has wrong part number
or incorrect configuration software is
installed. Replace powertrain ECM with
ECM that has correct part number or
flash correct configuration software
(WP 0063 00).
2. Verify location code matches ET on status
N OT E
To verify location code, a new status group with location code parameter
may need to be created. Location code information is not available on a
default status screen.
1. If location codes in ET are correct, go to
2. If location codes are not correct, repeat
this test to verify that software and
hardware part numbers are correct. Go
to Test 3 if part numbers are correct.
3. Inspect wiring harness connections.
(a) Turn engine start and battery
disconnect switches to OFF position