TROUBLESHOOTING WITH A DIAGNOSTIC CODE - CONTINUED
Table 3. Powertrain Control - Continued.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
(d) At wiring harness connector, measure
1401 06 - Continued.
greater than 5,000 Ohms, go to Test 3.
(wire 751-GN) to all contacts used in
wiring harness connectors for ECM.
greater than 5,000 Ohms, short is
between J1-65 (wire 751-GN) and
circuit with low resistance
3. Check if diagnostic code remains active.
(a) Inspect and clean wiring harness
(b) Reconnect all wiring harness
(c) Operate machine (TM 5-3805-291-
(d) Check status of CID 1401 FMI 06.
1. If CID 1401 FMI 06 is active, exit this
procedure and repeat this procedure. If
cause of diagnostic code is not found,
replace powertrain ECM (WP 0063 00).
2. If CID 1401 FMI 06 is not active,
diagnostic code does not exist at this
time. Resume normal machine
N OT E
· Ensure you have repaired any condition that would cause other active diagnostic
codes related to this solenoid. For example, CID 1401 FMI 03 or FMI 05 is not
active when CID 1401 FMI 13 is active. If other diagnostic codes are active, trou-
bleshoot those codes first, then perform this procedure.
· Ensure diagnostic code CID 1401 FM 13 is active before performing this proce-
Perform Fill Time for Transmission Clutch
1. If CID 1401 FMI 13 is active, verify
correct software has been flashed into
ECM, or correct ECM is installed on
diagnostic code is still active and cause
of diagnostic code is not found, replace
powertrain ECM (WP 0063 00). Verify
correct before you replace ECM (WP
2. If CID 1401 FMI 13 is not active,
resume normal operation.