TROUBLESHOOTING WITH A DIAGNOSTIC CODE - CONTINUED
Table 3. Powertrain Control - Continued.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
N OT E
· Ensure you have repaired any condition that would cause other active diagnostic
codes related to this solenoid. For example, CID 1402 FMI 03 or FMI 05 are not
active when CID 1402 FMI 13 is active. If other diagnostic codes are active, trou-
bleshoot those codes first, then perform this procedure.
· Ensure diagnostic code CID 1402 FMI 13 is active before performing this proce-
Perform Fill Time for Transmission Clutch
1. If CID 1402 FMI 13 is active, verify that
correct software has been flashed into
powertrain ECM or correct powertrain
ECM is installed on machine (WP 0063
code is still active and cause of
diagnostic code is not found, replace
powertrain ECM. It is unlikely that
powertrain ECM has failed. Verify that
solenoid and associated circuits are
correct before you replace powertrain
ECM (WP 0063 00).
2. If CID 1402 FMI 13 is not active,
resume normal operation.
N OT E
The following test procedure may create other diagnostic codes. Ignore
these created diagnostic codes and clear these diagnostic codes when the
original diagnostic code is corrected. Ensure that the diagnostic code
CID 1403 FMI 03 is active before performing this procedure.
1. Check solenoid energizer circuit for a short
to +battery circuit.
(a) Turn engine start and battery
disconnect switches to OFF position