TROUBLESHOOTING WITH A DIAGNOSTIC CODE - CONTINUED
Table 3. Powertrain Control - Continued.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
1405 06 - Continued.
(c) Disconnect wiring harness
connector(s) from powertrain ECM
(WP 0063 00).
(d) At wiring harness connector, measure
greater than 5,000 Ohms, go to Test 3.
(wire 900-PU) to all contacts that are
used in wiring harness connectors for
greater than 5,000 Ohms, short is
between J1-51 (wire 900-PU) and
circuit with low resistance
measurement. Replace wiring harness
in question (WP 0195 00 thru WP 0201
3. Check if diagnostic code remains active.
(a) Inspect and clean wiring harness
(b) Reconnect all wiring harness
(c) Operate machine (TM 5-3805-291-
(d) Check status of CID 1405 FMI 06.
1. If CID 1405 FMI 06 is active, exit this
procedure and repeat this procedure. If
cause of diagnostic code is not found,
replace powertrain ECM (WP 0063 00).
2. If CID 1405 FMI 06 is not active,
diagnostic code does not exist at this
time. Resume normal machine
N OT E
· Ensure you have repaired any condition that would cause other active diagnostic
codes related to this solenoid. For example, CID 1405 FMI 03 or FMI 05 is not
active when CID 1405 FMI 13 is active. If other diagnostic codes are active, trou-
bleshoot those codes first, then perform this procedure.
· Ensure diagnostic code CID 1405 FMI 13 is active before performing this proce-