TROUBLESHOOTING WITH A DIAGNOSTIC CODE - CONTINUED
Table 4. Implement Control - Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
2. If diagnostic code is not active, initial
0491 03 - Continued.
diagnostic code was probably caused by
poor electrical connection in a wiring
harness connector that was disconnected
and reconnected. Resume normal
N OT E
· The following test procedure may create other diagnostic codes. Ignore these
created diagnostic codes and clear diagnostic codes when original diagnostic
code is corrected.
· Return lines for solenoids are joined and return lines connect to contact J1-60
(wire J813-BK) of implement ECM.
· Ensure diagnostic code indicator is active and diagnostic code is active.
1. Check solenoid.
(a) Turn battery disconnect and engine
start switches to ON position (TM
(b) Disconnect auxiliary rearward
proportioning solenoid from wiring
harness (WP 0218 00).
(c) Observe ON/OFF status of
diagnostic code indicator.
(d) At wiring harness connector for
1. If diagnostic code indicator remains
active and diagnostic code remains
between contact 1 (wire E920-BR)
active, harness or implement ECM has
and contact 2 (wire J813-BK).
failed. Go to Test 2.