INITIAL ADJUSTMENTS AND DAILY CHECKS
1. Always perform Before operation Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) before operating
2. Open door and climb up into cab using grab handles. Refer to Mounting and Dismounting Machine in this work
3. Occupy seat.
Use of seat belt while operating machine is mandatory. Failure to follow this warning may
result in injury or death to personnel.
Seat belt must be fastened before parking brake can be released.
4. Adjust seat.
5. Fasten seat belt.
6. Close door.
END OF TASK
DO NOT operate engine in enclosed areas due to the dangers of carbon monoxide
poisoning from exhaust fumes. Always start and operate engine in a well-ventilated area
and, if in an enclosed area, vent exhaust to the outside.
Be alert for personnel in the area while operating machine. Always check to ensure area is
clear of personnel and obstructions before starting engine.
Hearing protection is required for operator.
DO NOT use aerosol engine starting aid as this may cause an explosion.
Failure to follow these warnings may result in injury or death to personnel.
1. Ensure work tools are lowered to ground or support strut installed if loader arms are raised. Refer to Operating
Loader in this work package.
2. Ensure both control levers are in center neutral position.
3. Ensure auxillary hydraulic pedal is in neutral position.
4. Ensure all electrical accessories are turned off.
5. Ensure all personnel are clear of machine.