SLAVE STARTING MACHINE
When slave starting the machine:
Use NATO slave cable that does not have loose or missing insulation.
DO NOT proceed if cable is not available.
DO NOT use civilian-type jumper cables.
DO NOT allow "dead" and "live" machines to come in contact with each other at any time
during slave starting.
Failure to follow these warnings may cause injury or death to personnel.
DO NOT start machine by towing or pushing. Failure to follow this caution will damage
If a machine other than another M400T or M400W is used to slave start SSL, refer to
Operator's Manual for that machine for any special slave starting procedures.
NATO slave receptacle is located at left rear of machine.
1. Remove receptacle cover and connect NATO slave cable to receptacle on "dead" machine.
2. Remove cover and connect other end of NATO slave cable to receptacle on "live" machine.
3. Start engine of "live" machine and run engine at high idle.
4. Allow "live" machine to run for approximately 5 minutes to charge batteries on "dead" machine.
5. Start engine of "dead" machine (WP 0005). If engine on "dead" machine fails to start, notify Field Maintenance.
6. Disconnect NATO slave cable from "dead" machine, then from "live" machine.
7. Install receptacle covers.
END OF TASK