OPERATION IN EXTREME COLD CONTINUED
DO NOT smoke or permit any open flame in area of machine while you are servicing fuel
system. Be sure hose nozzle is grounded against filler tube during refueling to prevent
Operating personnel must wear fuel-resistant gloves when handling fuels. If exposed to
fuel, promptly wash exposed skin and change fuel-soaked clothing.
Always stop engine prior to refueling.
Failure to follow these warnings may result in injury or death to personnel or damage to
Ensure portable fire extinguisher is within reach prior to refueling.
1. DO NOT allow fuel tank to remain partially empty in extremely cold weather. Fill fuel tank after each work
period to help avoid water condensation in tank (WP 0020).
2. Remove all ice and snow from around fuel filler opening before refueling.
3. Regularly drain water and sediment from fuel/water separator.
1. Inspect battery cables, batteries, wiring harnesses, and wiring for breaks or cracks caused by cold weather.
Report any problems to Field Maintenance.
2. Conserve battery power. Use lights and other electrical equipment as little as possible when engine is not run-
TIRES (M400W ONLY)
Operating machine with underinflated or defective tire may lead to tire failure and loss of
traction or control.
If tire is flat, DO NOT inflate. Notify Field Maintenance.
Failure to follow this warning may cause damage to equipment or injury to personnel.
Examine rolling radius of tires for an indication of tire inflation.