1. This chapter provides information for identifying and correcting malfunctions which may develop while
operating the M400T and M400W Skid Steer Loaders.
2. The Troubleshooting Symptom Index in WP 0017 lists common malfunctions and refers you to the proper page
in WP 0018 for a troubleshooting procedure.
3. If you are unsure of the location of an item mentioned during troubleshooting, refer to WP 0002, WP 0003, or
4. Before performing any troubleshooting procedure, read and follow all safety instructions found in the Warning
Summary at the front of this manual.
5. The Troubleshooting Symptom Index cannot list all malfunctions, nor can Troubleshooting Procedures list all
tests or inspections and corrective actions. If a malfunction is not listed, or is not corrected by the listed
corrective actions, notify your supervisor.
6. When troubleshooting a malfunction:
a. Locate the symptom or symptoms in WP 0017 that best describe the malfunction.
b. Turn to the page in WP 0018 where the troubleshooting procedures for the malfunction in question are
described. Headings at the top of each page show how each troubleshooting procedure is organized:
MALFUNCTION, TEST OR INSPECTION (in step number order), and CORRECTIVE ACTION.
Perform each step in the order listed until the malfunction is corrected. DO NOT perform any maintenance
task unless the troubleshooting procedure tells you to do so.
EXPLANATION OF HEADINGS
The headings in WP 0018 are defined as follows:
1. MALFUNCTION. A visual or operational indication that something is wrong with the equipment.
2. CORRECTIVE ACTION. A procedure to correct the problem.
END OF WORK PACKAGE