PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES (PMCS) INTRODUCTION
1. To ensure the M400T or M400W Skid Steer Loader (SSL) is ready for operation at all times, it must be
inspected on a regular basis so defects may be found and corrected before they result in injury, damage, or
2. Table 1 in WP 0020, Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) for the M400T and M400W SSL,
contains systematic instructions on inspections, lubrications, services, tests, and corrections to be performed
to keep the SSL in good operating condition and ready for its primary mission.
3. Table 2 in WP 0020, Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) for the Work Tool Attachments,
contains inspections and lubrication to be performed on the work tool attachments for the SSL: bucket, forklift,
auger, and hydraulic hammer.
4. For information on Corrosion Prevention and Control (CPC), refer to WP 0001.
EXPLANATION OF TABLE ENTRIES
1. Item No. Column. Numbers in this column are for reference. When completing DA Form 2404 or DA Form
5988-E (Equipment Inspection and Maintenance Worksheet), include the item number for the check/service
indicating a fault. Item numbers also appear in the order that you must perform checks and services for the
2. Interval Column. This column tells you when you must perform the procedure in the Procedure column.
If both calendar and hour intervals are indicated, perform procedure at whichever interval
a. Before procedures must be done immediately before you operate the SSL.
b. During procedures must be done while you are operating the SSL.
After procedures must be done immediately after you have operated the SSL.
d. Other procedures must be done at the hour interval indicated.
3. Location, Item to Check/Service Column. This column provides the location and item to be checked or
serviced. Generally, the item to check or service is the same for both SSL models. An item that is applicable to
only one type of machine is designated by the appropriate label: M400T or M400W.