AIR TRANSPORT BY C-130, C-17, AND C-5
INTRODUCTION, LOADING MACHINE, UNLOADING MACHINE, LOADING CONTAINER,
Tools and Special Tools
Lifting Device, 12,000-lb Capacity
Estimated Time to Complete
1. Machine is loaded/unloaded using reverse-on/drive-off procedures (WP 0005).
2. A maximum of 25 percent fuel tank capacity is allowed for air transport.
3. Ground guide assistance is mandatory when loading/unloading machine into aircraft.
Hearing protection is required. Failure to wear hearing protection may result in hearing
Always use a ground guide when operating machine up or down ramps.
Drive with extreme caution, at low idle, slow speed only.
Failure to follow these warnings may result in injury or death to personnel or damage to
2. Raise loader arms so that loader arms and work tool will clear loading ramp (WP 0005).
3. Using ground guide assistance and in slow speed, reverse only, slowly reverse machine towards loading ramp
4. Following loadmaster's instructions, very slowly reverse machine into the aircraft.
5. Once machine is correctly positioned inside aircraft, lower loader arms (WP 0005). Rest work tool on wood
6. Place control levers in neutral position and engage parking brake (WP 0005).