Engine Oil Pressure Check
3. Install male quick coupler in open port from which oil pressure sensor was removed.
4. Connect 600 psi (41.3 bar) gauge set to engine oil pressure nipple.
5. Run engine to operating temperature (TM 5-3805-292-10).
N OT E
Oil pressure should vary from 11 to 65 psi (0.76 to 4.48 bar) with idle speed.
6. Read pressure gauge.
7. Shut down engine (TM 5-3805-292-10).
8. Remove engine oil pressure nipple from port for oil pressure sensor.
END OF TASK
Checks to Perform Before Troubleshooting Hydrostatic System
1. Check oil level, type, and grade in hydraulic reservoir (LO 5-3805-292-13).
2. Check hydraulic oil filter condition and change if restricted or dirty (WP 0072).
3. For M400W, check drive chain tension (WP 0061). Ensure tires are correctly inflated.
END OF TASK
Checking Anti-Stall Pressure
WARN I N G
For the following test, machine must be raised up on supports until tires/tracks are off
Perform all checks from side of machine. Keep personnel and objects clear of tracks.
Failure to follow this warning may result in injuryor death to personnel.
1. Raise and support machine.
2. If hydraulic oil is not at operating temperature:
a. Start engine at full throttle and hold implement joystick in rollback position for 30 seconds
b. Return implement joystick to neutral for 15 seconds.
Repeat steps 2.a. and 2.b. until temperature of oil is at least 125°F (52°C).
d. Shut down engine (TM 5-3805-292-10).