HYDRAULIC SYSTEM CONTINUED
Flowmeter Tests - Continued
(1) Main Relief Valve (Cracking) Pressure.
(a) Fasten seat belt and release parking brake (TM 5-3805-292-10).
(b) Have assistant fully open valve on flowmeter and set flowmeter on low.
(c) Hold auxiliary hydraulic flow control pedal in ON position.
(d) Run engine at full throttle.
(e) Have assistant slowly close pressure valve.
(f) As pressure increases, flow reading will decrease slowly.
(g) As pressure valve is closed, observe point at which flow reading begins to decrease rapidly. This
is the point at which the main relief valve starts to open (cracking pressure). Enter cracking pres-
sure reading on line 5 of check sheet (Figure 36, page 35).
(2) Main Relief Valve (Completely Open) Pressure.
(a) Have assistant continue to close pressure valve until reading of flow gauge is zero. This is the
point at which main relief valve is completely open.
(b) Read pressure gauge and write reading on line 6 of check sheet (Figure 36, page 35).
(3) Open pressure valve completely.
(4) Decrease engine speed to low idle (TM 5-3805-292-10).
(5) Shut down engine (TM 5-3805-292-10).
(6) If pressure setting of main relief valve is not 3,000 ± 50 psi (207 ± 4 bar), adjust main relief valve. Refer
to Loader Main Relief Adjustment in this work package. If main relief valve cannot be adjusted to cor-
rect setting, replace main relief valve (WP 0089).
(7) If main relief valve completely open pressure is 3,000 ± 50 psi (207 ± 4 bar), but main relief valve
cracking pressure is 2,400 psi (165 bar) or less, replace main relief valve (WP 0089).
(8) If you adjusted, repaired, or replaced main relief valve, repeat Loader Main Relief Adjustment.
4. Test No. 2: Gear Pump Efficiency Test.
(1) Instrument panel must be off. Remain in seat for approximately 30 seconds until panel powers down.
(2) Press and hold AUX OVERRIDE button and PARK button (TM 5-3805-292-10) for five seconds.
SETUP will appear in display.
(3) Using START button, toggle until DSPLY in the display.
(4) Press POWER button. ENHRS appears in display.
(5) Press START button. ENRPM appears in display.
(6) Press POWER button to select ENRPM.
(7) Press START button to toggle to EXIT.
(8) Press POWER button to select EXIT.
(9) Connect flowmeter inlet hose to quick disconnects (TM 5-3805-292-10).
(10)Set flowmeter on low.
(11) Ensure oil level in hydraulic reservoir is correct (LO 5-3805-292-13).
(12)Start engine (TM 5-3805-292-10).