SERVICE UPON RECEIPT
GENERAL, INSPECTION INSTRUCTIONS, SERVICING INSTRUCTIONS
Tools and Special Tools
References - Continued
Machine parked on level ground (TM 5-3805-
Cleaning Compound, Solvent, Type III (WP
Parking brake engaged (TM 5-3805-292-10)
Estimated Time to Complete
1. When a used or reconditioned M400T or M400W Skid Steer Loader is first received, determine whether it has
been properly prepared for service and is in condition to perform its mission.
2. Follow these inspection and servicing instructions to assess the loader's condition.
1. Read and follow all precautions and instructions on DD Form 1397, Processing and Deprocessing Record for
Shipment, Storage, and Issue of Vehicles and Spare Engines.
2. Remove all packing and shipping material, such as tape, tiedown straps, protective covers, and shipping seals.
WARN I N G
Solvent cleaning compound MIL-PRF-680 Type III is an environmentally compliant and
low-toxic material. However, it may be irritating to the eyes and skin. Use protective
gloves and goggles. Use in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from open flames and other
sources of ignition. Failure to do so may result in injury or death to personnel.
3. Clean any exposed metal parts coated with rust preventive compound using solvent cleaning compound.
4. Inspect equipment for any damage incurred during shipment. Check if equipment has been modified.
5. Check equipment against packing slip to ensure shipment is complete. Report any discrepancies on SF Form
364, Report of Discrepancy (ROD).