1. Remove nut (Figure 1, Item 2) and washer (Figure 1, Item 3) from engine (Figure 1, Item 5).
2. Remove fuel injector (Figure 1, Item 1) and bracket (Figure 1, Item 4) from engine (Figure 1, Item 5).
C AU T I O N
Do not remove studs unless damaged. Failure to follow this caution may result in damage
3. Remove stud (Figure 1, Item 6) from engine.
Figure 1. Fuel Injector.
END OF TASK
CLEANING AND INSPECTION
1. Remove all gasket material from mating surfaces.
WARN I N G
Solvent cleaning compound MIL-PRF-680 Type III is an environmentally compliant and
low toxic material. However, it may be irritating to the eyes and skin. Use protective gloves
and goggles. Use in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from open flames and other
sources of ignition. Failure follow this warning may result in injury or death to personnel.
2. Clean all parts (except rubber and plastic surfaces) and mating surfaces with solvent cleaning compound.