CLEANING AND INSPECTION
1. Scrape all gasket material from mating surfaces.
WARN I N G
Solvent cleaning compound MIL-PRF-680 Type III is an environmentally compliant and
low toxic material. However, it may be irritating to the eyes and skin. Use protective gloves
and goggles. Use in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from open flames and other
sources of ignition. Failure follow this warning may result in injury or death to personnel.
2. Clean all parts (except rubber and plastic surfaces) and mating surfaces with solvent cleaning compound.
WARN I N G
Particles blown by compressed air are hazardous. DO NOT exceed 15 psi (103 kPa)
nozzle pressure when drying parts with compressed air. DO NOT direct compressed air
against human skin. Make sure air stream is directed away from user and other personnel
in the area. To prevent injury, user must wear protective goggles or face shield. Failure to
follow this warning may result in injury to personnel.
4. Inspect parts for wear, pitting, cracks, or corrosion and replace if necessary.
END OF TASK
1. Install two new gaskets (Figure 3, Item 9).
2. Position oil cooler (Figure 3, Item 6) and radiator (Figure 3, Item 15) and install bolt (Figure 3, Item 7), nut (Fig-
ure 3, Item 8), pin (Figure 3, Item 2), and clip (Figure 3, Item 3).
3. Install bracket (Figure 3, Item 10), four washers (Figure 3, Item 12), two bolts (Figure 3, Item 14), spacers
(Figure 3, Item 11), and nuts (Figure 3, Item 13) on module (Figure 3, Item 1).
4. Install two new O-rings (Figure 3, Item 5) and fittings (Figure 3, Item 4) on module (Figure 3, Item 1).