CLEANING AND FLUSHING HYDRAULIC SYSTEM CONTINUED
19. To heat oil to operating temperature:
a. Increase engine speed to full throttle.
b. Hold bucket control lever in ROLLBACK position for 30 seconds.
Return bucket control lever to NEUTRAL for 15 seconds.
d. Repeat steps b and c until oil is at operating temperature.
20. With engine running at full throttle and portable filter running, completely extend and retract lift cylinders and tilt
cylinders. Continue to cycle cylinders twice, one after another, for 30 minutes.
21. Decrease engine speed to low idle.
22. Continue to run portable filter for 10 minutes. During this time, move hose up and down in reservoir to help mix
oil in reservoir.
23. Stop portable filter.
24. Stop engine.
25. Remove hose from reservoir.
26. Connect vacuum pump to reservoir.
27. Close valve in bottom of reservoir.
28. Disconnect inlet hose from valve.
29. Start vacuum pump.
30. Loosen and remove valve.
31. Install and tighten drain plug.
32. Stop vacuum pump.
33. Disconnect vacuum pump from reservoir.
34. Install new hydraulic oil filter on machine.
35. Check level of oil in reservoir and add oil as required.
36. Install cap.
Flushing Water from Hydraulic System
1. Start and run engine at half throttle.
2. Operate control levers to retract all cylinder rods.
WARN I N G
If retracting cylinder rods causes attachment to be raised, block attachment in place
before proceeding to next step. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury or death