FLASH PROGRAMMING CONTINUED
If any error messages are received during flash programming, select "Cancel" to stop the
process. Verify that the file and component (engine, transmission, etc.) match. Then
repeat programming procedure until flash programming is completed and the "Flash
Completed Successfully" screen displays.
If your ECM is being programmed as directed by troubleshooting, proceed to next step. If
replacing an ECM, upload the saved configuration data to new ECM. Refer to Copy
Configuration to ECM in this work package.
19. After ECM has been programmed, press CAT ET (Figure 14, Item 1) and turn ignition switch to the OFF
position (TM 5-3805-298-10) for at least ten seconds.
Figure 13. Flash File Programming.
20. Turn ignition switch to the ON position (TM 5-3805-298-10) for at least one minute.
21. Turn ignition switch to the OFF position (TM 5-3805-298-10) for at least ten seconds.
22. Turn ignition switch to the ON position (TM 5-3805-298-10).
23. Select ET connect icon (WP 0008) and select ECM; start and run engine until operating temperature is
24. Verify proper operation of all components (TM 5-3805-298-10). Check for active diagnostic codes by selecting
Active Diagnostic Codes from the Diagnostics menu (WP 0008), repair active diagnostic code (WP 0015).
26. Turn ignition switch, and battery disconnect switch to the OFF position (TM 5-3805-298-10), and disconnect
END OF TASK