Table 1. E0265 User Defined Shutdown Event Code.
EID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
E0265 User Defined
Shutdown Event Code
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
Conditions Which Generate This
Engine ECM detects the engine
shutdown switch is activated.
Engine stalls, engine cranks but does
not run, event code will be logged.
· Engine shutdown switch
· Faulty engine shutdown switch.
· Engine shutdown switch signal
circuit shorted to ground.