Table 1. Engine Does Not Crank or Cranks Slowly - Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
Engine Does Not Crank or
Test Step 1. Check for Active
Cranks Slowly - Continued
Diagnostic Codes are Active - Refer
924 and check for active diagnostic
diagnostic codes first.
codes while attempting to start the
engine (TM 5-3805-298-10).
Diagnostic Codes are Not Active -
Proceed to Test Step 2.
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
Test Step 2. Inspect Batteries and
Battery Cables, and Verify Symptom.
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position