Table 1. Fuel Prime Pump Does Not Operate.
TEST OR INSPECTION
Fuel Prime Pump Does Not
· Hot engine components can cause injury from burns.
· Before performing maintenance on machine, allow engine and
components to cool completely.
· Diesel fuel is combustible and an irritant. Skin and eye protection is
required. Ensure work area is well-ventilated.
· Keep away from open flame and other ignition sources. Failure to follow
this warning may result in injury or death to personnel.
· Wear protective eye covering and gloves.
· When servicing this machine, performing maintenance, or disposing of
materials such as fuel, engine coolant, hydraulic fluid, lubricants, battery
acids or batteries, and CARC paint, consult your unit/local hazardous
waste disposal center or safety office for local regulatory guidance. If
further information is needed, please contact The Army Environmental
Hotline at 1-800-327-3845.
· Failure to follow these warnings may result in injury or death to
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
Test Step 1. Check Fuel Level and
Fuel Prime Pump Operations.
1. Verify level of fuel in tank.
Fuel Level OK - Proceed to step 2.
Low Fuel Level - Add fuel to tank
Proceed to step 2.
2. Position drain pan under machine.