Table 1. 1 Fuel Injector 1 Diagnostic Codes - Continued.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
Test Step 4. Verify Malfunction Is
1-2 Fuel Injector 1 Data Is
Erratic, Intermittent, or
1. Ensure all wiring harness
Incorrect - Continued
connectors are connected.
2. Ensure valve cover (WP 0187) is
installed on engine.
3. Start engine or attempt to start
Diagnostic Code 1-2 Is Not Active -
engine (TM 5-3805-298-10). Using
MSD, check for active diagnostic
Diagnostic Code 1-2 Remains Active
- Repeat troubleshooting from the
1-5 Fuel Injector 1 Current
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Engine ECM detects abnormally low current on fuel injector 1.
· Engine control wiring harness high resistance or open.
· Injector cylinder 1 and 2 jumper harness high resistance or open.
· Fuel injector 1.
· Engine ECM.