Table 1. 41 8VDC Supply Voltage Diagnostic Codes.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
41-3 8VDC Supply Voltage Is
Above Normal or the
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Voltage Is Shorted High
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Engine electronic control module (ECM) detects 8-volt supply is more than
8.8 volts DC for more than one second.
· Engine wiring harness is shorted to voltage.
· Lower cab wiring harness is shorted to voltage.
· Engine ECM.
Test Step 1. Check for Active
1. Connect MSD and select C6.6 924
2. Start engine or attempt to start
Diagnostic Code 41-3 Active -
engine (TM 5-3805-298-10) while
Proceed to Test Step 2.
using MSD to check for active
Diagnostic Code 41-3 Not Active -
Troubleshooting is complete.
Test Step 2. Test for Shorted Lower
Cab Wiring Harness.
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Remove right lower cab access
panels (WP 0347).