Table 1. 41 8VDC Supply Voltage Diagnostic Codes - Continued.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
41-4 8VDC Supply Voltage Is
Below Normal or the Voltage
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Is Shorted Low
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Engine electronic control module (ECM) detects 8-volt supply is less than
7.2 volts DC for more than one second.
· Engine wiring harness is shorted to ground.
· Lower cab wiring harness is shorted to ground.
· Engine ECM.
Test Step 1. Check for Active
1. Connect MSD and select C6.6 924
2. Start engine or attempt to start
Diagnostic Code 41-4 Active -
engine (TM 5-3805-298-10) while
Proceed to Test Step 2.
using MSD to check for active
Diagnostic Code 41-4 Not Active -
Troubleshooting is complete.
Test Step 2. Test for Shorted Throttle
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Disconnect connector C-C8
3. Turn battery disconnect switch and
ignition switch to ON position