Table 1. 100 Engine Oil Pressure Sensor Diagnostic Codes - Continued.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
100-10 Engine Oil Pressure
Sensor Signal Abnormal
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Rate of Change
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Engine electronic control module (ECM) detects engine oil pressure variation of
less than 1.68 kPa (0.25 psi) for more than 30 seconds.
· Engine control wiring harness is high resistance or open.
· Engine control wiring harness is shorted to ground.
· Engine ECM.
Test Step 1. Check for Active
Connect MSD. Select C6.6 924 and
Diagnostic Code 100-10 Active -
Proceed to Test Step 2.
check for active diagnostic codes
Diagnostic Code 100-10 Not Active -
Troubleshooting is complete.
Test Step 2. Test 5 Volt Sensor
Supply and Ground Circuit Function.
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Remove right engine access panel
3. Disconnect connector E-C10
oil pressure sensor.
4. Turn battery disconnect
switch and ignition switch to
ON position (TM 5-3805-298-10).
Voltage Is 4.8 to 5.2 VDC - Proceed to
(WP 0174), test for voltage
between connector E-C10
Voltage Is Less Than 4.8 VDC -
Proceed to Test Step 3.