Table 1. 110 Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Diagnostic Codes.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
110-3 Engine Coolant
Temperature Sensor Signal
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Voltage Is Above Normal or
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
the Voltage Is Shorted High
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Engine ECM detects signal voltage from the engine coolant temperature sensor
is greater than 4.95 Volts DC for more than eight seconds.
· Engine control wiring harness is open or a shorted to another power
· Engine coolant temperature sensor is shorted to supply voltage.
· Engine ECM.
Test Step 1. Check for Active
1. Connect MSD. Select C6.6 924
Diagnostic Code 110-3 Active -
and check for active diagnostic
Proceed to step 2.
Diagnostic Code 110-3 Not Active -
Troubleshooting is complete.
Diagnostic Code 262-3 or 262-4
active diagnostic code 262.
Active - Repair diagnostic code 262
Diagnostic Code 262-3 or 262-4 Not
Active - Proceed to Test Step 2.