Table 1. 262 Five-Volt Sensor Power Supply Diagnostic Codes.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
262-3 Five-Volt Sensor
Power Supply Voltage Is
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Above Normal or the Voltage
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
Is Shorted High
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Engine ECM detects 5 volt supply for the pressure and temperature sensors is
greater than 5.16 Volts DC for more than one second.
· Engine control wiring harness is shorted to another power source.
· Engine ECM.
Test Step 1. Check for Active
1. Connect MSD and select C6.6 924
2. Start engine (TM 5-3805-298-10).
Diagnostic Code 262-3 Active -
Using MSD, check for active
Proceed to Test Step 2.
Diagnostic Code 262-3 Not Active -
Troubleshooting is complete.
Test Step 2. Test for Shorted Engine
Control Wiring Harness.
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Remove right engine access panel
3. Disconnect connector E-C10
oil pressure sensor.