Table 1. 262 Five-Volt Sensor Power Supply Diagnostic Codes - Continued.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
262-4 Five-Volt Sensor
Power Supply Voltage Is
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Below Normal or the Voltage
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
Is Shorted Low
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Engine ECM detects 5 volt supply for the pressure and temperature sensors is
less than 4.84 Volts DC for more than one second.
· Engine control wiring harness is shorted to ground.
· Faulty intake manifold air pressure sensor.
· Faulty oil pressure sensor.
· Faulty fuel rail pressure sensor.
· Engine ECM.
Test Step 1. Check for Active
1. Connect MSD and select C6.6 924
2. Start engine (TM 5-3805-298-10).
Diagnostic Code 262-4 Active -
Using MSD, check for active
Proceed to Test Step 2.
Diagnostic Code 262-4 Not Active -
Troubleshooting is complete.
Test Step 2. Test for Shorted
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Remove right engine access panel
3. Disconnect connector E-C10
oil pressure sensor.
4. Disconnect connector E-C8
manifold pressure sensor.