Table 1. 526 Wastegate Solenoid Diagnostic Codes.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
526-5 Wastegate Solenoid
Current Below Normal
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Engine ECM detects a low current condition in the output from the ECM to the
· Engine control wiring harness high resistance or open.
· Wastegate solenoid.
Test Step 1. Check for Active
1. Connect MSD and select C6.6 924
2. Start engine and operate machine
Diagnostic Code 526-5 Active -
in various loads (TM 5-3805-298-
Proceed to Test Step 2.
10) while using MSD to check for
Diagnostic Code 526-5 Not Active -
active diagnostic codes
Troubleshooting is complete.