Table 1. 526 Wastegate Solenoid Diagnostic Codes - Continued.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
526-6 Wastegate Solenoid
Current Above Normal
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Engine ECM detects a high current condition in the output from the ECM to the
· Engine control wiring harness wiring harness shorted.
· Wastegate solenoid.
Test Step 1. Check for Active
1. Connect MSD and select C6.6 924
2. Start engine and operate machine
Diagnostic Code 526-6 Active -
in various loads (TM 5-3805-298-
Proceed to Test Step 2.
10) while using MSD to check for
Diagnostic Code 526-6 Not Active -
active diagnostic codes
Troubleshooting is complete.
Test Step 2. Test for Shorted Engine
Control Wiring Harness.
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Remove right engine access panel
3. Disconnect connector E-C4
ECM connector J2.
4. Disconnect connector E-C16