Table 1. 1779 Fuel Rail #1 Pressure Valve Solenoid Diagnostic Codes - Continued.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
1779-6 Fuel Rail #1 Pressure
Valve Solenoid Current
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Engine ECM detects a short circuit or high current condition in the solenoid for
the fuel rail pump.
· Engine control wiring harness shorted.
· Fuel pump solenoid.
Test Step 1. Check for Active
1. Connect MSD and select C6.6 924
2. Select Diagnostics (Figure 5,
Item 1), Diagnostic Test (Figure 5,
Item 2), and Fuel Rail Pump
3. Select start button (Figure 5,
Item 3) to begin test.