CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
Pressure Sensor Signal
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Voltage Is Above Normal or
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
the Voltage Is Shorted High
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Engine ECM detects signal voltage from the intake manifold pressure sensor is
greater than 4.95 Volts DC for more than eight seconds.
· Engine control wiring harness is open or a shorted to another power
· Intake manifold pressure sensor is shorted to supply voltage.
· Engine ECM.
Test Step 1. Check for Active
Connect MSD. Select C6.6 924 and
Diagnostic Code 1785-3 Active -
check for active diagnostic codes
Proceed to Test Step 2.
Diagnostic Code 1785-3 Not Active -
Troubleshooting is complete.
Test Step 2. Test for Shorted Engine
Control Wiring Harness.
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Remove right engine access panel