Table 1. 1797 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Diagnostic Codes.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
1797-3 Fuel Rail Pressure
Sensor Signal Voltage Is
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Above Normal or the
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
Voltage Is Shorted High
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Engine ECM detects signal voltage from the fuel rail pressure sensor is greater
than 4.8 Volts DC for 0.6 seconds.
· Engine control wiring harness is open or a shorted to another power
· Fuel rail pressure sensor is shorted to supply voltage.
· Engine ECM.
Test Step 1. Check for Active
1. Connect MSD and select C6.6 924
2. Start engine or attempt to start
Diagnostic Code 1797-3 Active -
Proceed to step 3.
engine (TM 5-3805-298-10) while
using MSD to check for active
Diagnostic Code 1797-3 Not Active -
Troubleshooting is complete.
Diagnostic Code 262-3 or 262-4
active diagnostic code 262.
Active - Repair diagnostic code 262
Diagnostic Code 262-3 or 262-4 Not
Active - Proceed to Test Step 2.