Table 1. 2246 Glow Plug Start Aid Relay Diagnostic Codes.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
2246-5 Glow Plug Start Aid
Relay Current Below Normal
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Engine ECM detects a low current condition (open circuit) after attempting to
activate the glow plug starting aid.
· Lower cab wiring harness high resistance or open.
· Glow plug relay coil open.
· Kickout fuse open.
Test Step 1. Check if Diagnostic
Code Is Still Active.
1. Push implement disable switch to
2. Connect MSD and select
3. Select Diagnostics (Figure 1,
Item 1) and Diagnostic Tests
(Figure 1, Item 2).
4. In new screen, select Override
Parameters (Figure 1, Item 3).