Table 1. 2246 Glow Plug Start Aid Relay Diagnostic Codes - Continued.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
2246-6 Glow Plug Start Aid
Relay Current Above Normal
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Engine ECM detects a high current condition (short circuit) after attempting to
activate the glow plug starting aid.
· Engine wiring harness shorted.
· Lower cab wiring harness shorted.
· Glow plug relay coil shorted.
Test Step 1. Check if Diagnostic
Code Is Still Active.
1. Push implement disable switch to
disable position (TM 5-3805-298-
2. Connect MSD, and select
3. Select Diagnostics (Figure 7,
Item 1) and Diagnostic Tests
(Figure 7, Item 2).
4. In new screen, select Override
Parameters (Figure 7, Item 3).