Table 1. 2417 Start Aid Diagnostic Codes.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
2417-5 Ether Control
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Engine ECM detects low current condition in the output to the solenoid for ether
· Rear frame wiring harness high resistance or open.
· Start aid solenoid open.
Test Step 1. Check for Active
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Remove ether bottle, if installed
3. Connect MSD and select C6.6 924
4. Select Diagnostics (Figure 1,
Item 1) and Diagnostic Tests
(Figure 1, Item 2).
5. In the new screen, select Override
Parameters (Figure 1, Item 3).