Table 1. 2771 Throttle Hold Set/Accel Switch Diagnostic Codes.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
2771-3 Throttle Lock Set/
Accel Switch Voltage Above
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Engine ECM detects a short to voltage in the throttle hold set/accel circuit.
· Throttle lock enable switch is faulty.
· Engine wiring harness is shorted.
· Lower cab wiring harness is shorted.
· Engine ECM.
Test Step 1. Check for Active
1. Connect MSD, select C6.6 924
2. Start engine or attempt to start
Diagnostic Code 2771-3 Active -
Proceed to Test Step 2.
engine (TM 5-3805-298-10) while
using MSD to check for active
Diagnostic Code 2771-3 Not Active -
Troubleshooting is complete.