Table 1. Transmission Does Not Operate in Fourth Gear, Forward - Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
Transmission Does Not
Operate in Fourth Gear,
Rubber cap assembly can interfere with seating of quick disconnect
Forward - Continued
fitting. Remove rubber cap assembly from transmission relief valve
connector before connecting quick disconnect fitting.
5. Remove cap (Figure 2, Item 1)
from transmission clutch 2
6. Connect transmission clutch
pressure test gauge assembly
hose (Figure 1, Item 2) to
connector on transmission clutch 2
Figure 2. Transmission Clutch 2 Pressure Connection.
7. Turn battery disconnect switch ON
and start engine (TM 5-3805-298-
8. Raise the work tool above the
ground (TM 5-3805-298-10).
9. Turn transmission neutralizer
switch to OFF (TM 5-3805-298-
10. Warm the transmission oil to
normal operating temperature of
approximately 165°F to 185°F
(75°C to 85°C).