Table 1. 262 Five-Volt Transmission Sensor Power Supply Diagnostic Codes.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
262-3 Five-Volt Sensor
Power Supply Voltage Is
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Above Normal or the
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
Voltage Is Shorted High
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Transmission ECM detects five-volt supply for the transmission neutralizer sensor
is greater than 5.16 Volts DC for more than one second.
· Lower cab wiring harness is shorted to another power source.
· Transmission ECM.
Test Step 1. Check for Active
Connect MSD, select Transmission
Diagnostic Code 262-3 Active -
924H, and check for active diagnostic
Proceed to Test Step 2.
Diagnostic Code 262-3 Not Active -
Troubleshooting is complete.
Test Step 2. Test for Shorted Engine
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Disconnect connector EN-C7
charging oil pressure sensor.
3. Remove right lower cab access
panels (WP 0347).