Table 1. 262 Five-Volt Transmission Sensor Power Supply Diagnostic Codes - Continued.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
262-4 Five-Volt Sensor
Power Supply Voltage Is
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Below Normal or the Voltage
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
Is Shorted Low
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Transmission ECM detects five-volt supply for the transmission neutralizer sensor
and brake charging oil pressure sensor is less than 4.84 Volts DC for more than
· Lower cab wiring harness is shorted to ground.
· Engine wiring harness is shorted to ground.
· Faulty transmission neutralizer sensor or brake charging oil pressure
· Transmission ECM.
Test Step 1. Check for Active
Connect MSD, select Transmission
Diagnostic Code 262-4 Active -
924H, and check for active diagnostic
Proceed to Test Step 2.
Diagnostic Code 262-3 Not Active -
Troubleshooting is complete.