Table 1. 444 Start Relay Diagnostic Codes.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
444-3 Start Relay Voltage Is
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Transmission ECM detects voltage of the starter relay is above normal.
· Lower cab wiring harness is shorted to another power source.
· Engine wiring harness is shorted to another power source.
· Transmission ECM.
Test Step 1. Check for Active
Connect MSD and select Transmission
Diagnostic Code 444-3 Active -
924H. Place ignition switch in start
Proceed to Test Step 2.
position for at least 10 seconds
Diagnostic Code 444-3 Not Active -
(TM 5-3805-298-10). Using MSD,
Troubleshooting is complete.
check for active diagnostic codes
Test Step 2. Test for Shorted Engine
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Remove left engine access panel
3. Disconnect connector EN-C4