Table 1. 473 Brake Charging Oil Pressure Sensor Diagnostic Codes.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
473-3 Brake Charging Oil
Pressure Sensor Voltage Is
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Above Normal or Shorted
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Transmission ECM detects brake charging oil pressure sensor signal shorted to
the positive battery voltage.
· Lower cab wiring harness is shorted to voltage.
· Engine wiring harness is shorted to voltage.
· Transmission ECM.
Test Step 1. Check for Active
1. Connect MSD. Select
Diagnostic Code 473-3 Active -
Transmission 924H and check for
Proceed to step 2.
active diagnostic codes
Diagnostic Code 473-3 Not Active -
Troubleshooting is complete.
Diagnostic Code 262-3 or 262-4
active diagnostic code 262.
Active - Repair diagnostic code 262
Diagnostic Code 262-3 or 262-4 Not
Active - Proceed to Test Step 2.